Monday, April 15, 2019

Who am I?

I think you can be a completely different person based on what stage or chapter of life you're in at that given moment. So who I am today is not much like the girl you may have known in high school or college. When I think of the question "who am I?" the first thing I want to say is I'm Adrina and I am a wife and mother. People often identify with their profession I believe; I joke that I am a full time hustler but the truth is I have to be because I don't have a profession, I'm in a season of my life where a career mom just doesn't fit right now and to be honest I struggle with that, and it's okay to struggle and to not be okay with that because I will grow from it.

When I was 21 years old I decided to drop out of college to follow my now husband to Chicago IL to pursue his goals and dreams, yeah that lasted all of what...3 months tops..? Sure if I could go back in time I'd tell my 21 year old self let that man go pursue his dreams and you stay here and finish up yours. But that was not god's plan for us. You see we went to Chicago and things were not the way we thought they would be so when I got a call from home saying "I'm going to get surgery and I need your help" my butt jumped on a plane, I literally sold the snow coat off my back to pay for a return flight home. My now husband landed a mobile job and a month later he moved in with my family too. We lived there for 3 weeks before we realized it wasn't going to work and that's when we signed our very first apartment lease together. We built a warm little home for ourselves there and stayed for a whooping 6 months. Are you guys seeing a pattern here? We don't stay anywhere very long.

Just around the time our 6 month lease ended there My husband popped the question and I said yes, we started wedding planning and moved into our first town home. So many good memories in this home, lots of parties and sleep overs with friends and all nighter gaming because yes we play video games. But also it was in a not so great part of town right down the street from where I grew up, our car kept getting stolen, multiple break in attempts and lots of guns popping off through the night; I legit think our neighbor turned into hulk every weekend when the clock struck midnight we heard pretty much everything that went on.

 I want to say we lived there for 3 years, got married at the end of the 3rd year and then moved into a house on the "nice side of town". Just 2 month after signing our lease I found out I was pregnant with our first. Had a pretty hard pregnancy, lots of SPD and physical therapy needed. We celebrated with friends and family at our gender reveal finding out "It's A GIRL", I was in shock and thought surely I was having a boy. That was not god's plan for me though, everyone said "girls are more fun" and heck yeah they are, this child came into the world on July 10 2016 at 9lbs 2 oz vaginally and the epidural FAILED guys. Holy COW it was painful, I tore of course and almost 3 years later my body is still a mess below the waist, I now go once a month or as needed to receive a vaginal injection (as in a shot in the front butt) with steroids and lidocaine to numb the pain. Basically I have two options; wait it out and have more children and pray my body repairs itself after a second vaginal birth or have surgery to repair that has an 80% chance of infertility. So injections it is....

In May 2018 we uprooted our family and pets and skipped over to Salt lake County Utah. Moving to a new state was exciting, and I know, I know you all are asking why Utah? Guys I don't know why Utah and not Hawaii okay, Hawaii wasn't god's plan for us. No, but in all seriousness my husband and I had been researching good places to raise a family as in less guns, drugs, gangs and more things like unicorn festivals, sidewalk chalk art, museums and parks. Of course we kept in mind schooling opportunities, career growth and what really sparked our interest was the seasons. We don't have seasons in central California, and we thought it'd be so cool to live somewhere it rained, snowed and actually got cold....we thought.

Our first year here has been full of challenges and tests but I can say I have grown so much from it all and my walk with Jesus and prayer time is strong than ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment