Friday, December 12, 2014

Apartment Decorating - Christmas Style

 Just because you live in a small space doesn't mean you can't go all out and have fun with your holiday decor.

At my parents house we always hung our stockings on the chimney, when I went to price stocking holders I realized right away that paying 12$ each for a stocking weight just wasn't reasonable. I picked up some pearl beading at a thrift store and used a staple gun to string it across (staple guns leave very tiny holes and can easily be filled in before you move).
Make sure to add your stockings before stapling both ends. ( I used push pins last year but my cats kept pulling it down and so far no issues this year)
I absolutely love this table centerpiece! I purchased this at a local church thrift store for 3$ and it really brightens by dining area so make sure to check out your local small time thrift stores before you try to purchase decor from a department store.  


So sorry for the bad quality photo, a good camera is on my list of savings but I bought this garland at big lots for 10$ and it did come pre-lit and it wraps around perfectly. The candy canes I purchased at dollar tree and it really just gives it that perfect christmas touch. 
Another perfect thrift store find I also bought at the local church thrift store 2$ find, i brought it home and spruced it up with some ornaments and absolutely love it as a bathroom piece so you can continue the christmas cheer all the way into the bathroom.
Stockings purchased for 25 cents at yard sales
mini tree- Ross dress for less 3$
mini glass ornaments- church thrift store 25 cents
character ornaments- 99 cent store 1$ (6pack)
mini tree skirt- Walmart 70% off 75 cents
I love having a mini tree in the bathroom and I get to decorate twice as many trees 

My personally made wreath you can find info on a previous post and dollar tree wall cling ornaments!
I LOVE wall clings! Perfect way to decorate without causing any damage to the apartment or rental home.


Last but not least! Our tree!! 
Tree- walmart 45$
Ornaments- dollar tree, thrift store, yard sales, 99 cent store.
Lighted tree star topper- walgreens 90% off 5$

We also lined our windows with multi-colored lights and Santa with his reindeer was placed in our main window. 

So have fun decorating!


No comments:

Post a Comment