Wednesday, June 17, 2015

DIY - Do it Yourself Wedding Robe


What you'll need:

  • Nice robe (I bought mine off the clearance rack at target)
  • Fun and cute fabric (I chose a floral pattern to keep with my rustic theme -- from Joanns)
  • Heat N Bond iron-on adhesive (purchased at Michael's in a big roll)
  • Ink Pen
  • Iron
  • Scissors

Step 1: Print out the word BRIDE or name in your chosen font and font size in **mirror image**. (backwards) Make sure the font is big enough to fill a regular sized piece of printer paper and try to use an easier font to cut out.

Step 2: Cut to fit heat bond to the printed paper and place adhesive side down then trace the Letters on the opposite side of the heat bond paper with your ink pen. (steady and slow)
Trim down excess paper if needed
Get your iron and begin to iron ink side down for at least 18 seconds

Step 3: Trace the Letters on the opposite side of the heat bond paper

Step 4: Place the word you traced, adhesive side down, onto the back side of your fabric. DO NOT put it on the right side of the fabric. You can Iron according to the heat bond packaging, about 45 seconds did it for me.

Step 5: Your fabric should now be attached to your printed out Name or word. You can now Begin cutting out each letter individually, and you may need to grab a smaller pair of scissors to get in the tight corners. Take your time and be very careful.

I made one for each of my bridesmaids with their names on the back instead of the traditional "bridesmaid" because they won’t be a bridesmaid everyday of their life and I wanted them to be able to use these robes any day they wanted. I did put BRIDE on mine with a heart, because although I'm only a bride for a  day I wanted to feel extra special for the day of.

No comments:

Post a Comment